Tuesday 13 May 2008

a walk in the woods

These are some photies of my regular walk near my shack. It is part of the old trans-Canada railway track which is now a walking trail.

These photos were taken last week when the weather was warm....There is a brisk north wind now and there was heavy snow (in Scottish terms) over the weekend on my drive back from Sydney.



Down-town Mabou from the old railway line. This is part of the inlet so is tidal and salty.




I've seen this wee fox a couple of times - if my camera shutter hadn't made a noise it would have been on my lap.






I see this pretty lady in the same spot almost every time...perched above the water which are black with young fish guddling about as the pools fill and empty with the tide. I wonder if she is the same bird I see being mobbed by crows from my kitchen window while I'm doing the dishes.





Her nest! not seen much action in it yet....This photograph doesn't really do justice to the size of it - I could easily fit inside.





Fingers crossed, things seem to be getting sorted with the timetable and workshops in school so the next few blogs might be more school based.





No comments: