Friday 2 May 2008

cracking eggs for omelettes






Well ... after a wee delay due to Canadian red-tape and fate working against me I am beginning to get settled on Cape Breton Island. It's taken me a while to adjust and to find my footing here.
I still have to get a few things sorted to secure my stay here with immigration... on Wednesday I have to go to Sydney (2 hours drive) where an immigration-approved doctor will give me a full medical including blood tests and x-rays, I will wait there until I get the results. In the meantime the workshops with the children are on hold.
As it’s been 6 days since I arrived and I’ve not had a phone line or been able to get proper e-mail until this evening (which I'm very excited about!) I’ve got a few days worth of images to post here -they probably speak for themselves…..I’ll add the other ones that are stored in my camera at a later stage so that I don’t overwhelm the page. I'm looking forward to getting into my own work and feeling more productive but taking lots of pictures is a good place to start.




In the mirror - temporary new bedroom



This is my new temporary home. The wee bit on the right….not including the window. It’s attached to a gift shop which I think has gone out of business.
This is not my new temporary home but is about the same size. I really like the five-pointed roofs that they have on a lot of the houses here with their wee matching sheds.


my new temporary home - detail



my new temporary home - detail




St. Mary's Church




St. Mary’s church - detail



St. Mary’s church - detail




St. Mary’s church - detail


The 'spring peepers' (frogs) are making a lot of noise outside...they remind me of the noise baby chicks make when they are being fed.


Better scoot the noo....

No comments: